State and explain how the ileum is adapted to perform its function.
- It is long to increase the surface area of absorption of food.
- It is richly supplied with blood to transport digested food.
- It is coiled to reduce the speed of flow of food and allow it to be fully digested /to occupy a smaller space/give more time for absorption.
- It has villi to increase surface area of absorption of food.
- It has a thin epithelium to allow faster diffusion of food molecule .
In this thought-provoking response, the author's perspective is skillfully backed by an extensive body of comprehensive research and readily available information, offering a well-informed and compelling exploration of the subject matter.